Who are we?
Folk On The Farm is a community of folk art practitioners.
We collect personal data from our members to help with the running of our events and from participants in our events.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Processing is necessary for organising and smooth running of the events and workshops.
How do we process your personal data?
Folk On The Farm complies with its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining unnecessary data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
Folk On The Farm only collects personal information about you when you specifically provide us with such information on a voluntary basis. The information that we collect includes:
- Contact number
- IP address - we may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system security, customer support and site analytics. This statistical data cannot be used to identify a customer.
- Cookies – cookies are used to track visitors through our site and to save booking information as you move from page to page of the booking process.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To process workshop fees, ticket bookings (including the booking, payment processing and ticket delivery)
- To send you email communication regarding your membership and newsletters, ticket or event bookings (to include booking reminders or to advise you of an event cancellation)
- To assist you with any query that you may have with your membership, booking or payment
- We may also use your data to perform quality assurance, sales analysis or other business analysis.
Sharing your personal data
Folk On The Farm will not share or sell any contact details to Third parties.
We may use your contact details to alert you to events such as concerts or workshops that we may organise.
How long do we keep your Personal Data?
We keep your personal data until you ask us to remove it from our database which can be done at any time.
Your Rights and your Personal Data
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your Personal Data held by Folk On The Farm, please contact the Data Security Officer using the contact details listed below.
Under GDPR you have the following rights:
Right of access to the Personal Data held
Right of rectification if incorrect data is held
Right to erasure (may be subject to the booking contract and retention periods
Right to object to processing
To instigate any of your rights under GDPR, you will need to contact the Data Controller who is responsible for how your Personal Data is used.
To exercise any relevant rights, queries or complaints regarding Folk On The Farm and the handling of your Personal Data, please contact: